Welcome to our blog site. Invest in your child's future & build a strong foundation. Enroll now at M.I.S.- a small international school with big results.

A Big Splash for the Maharlikans in the International Poster Making Contest



A group of several students from Maharlika International School and other schools around Timor-Leste participated in the Inter School Poster Making Contest  held in One Dollar Beach, Behau, Manatuto.

The competitions helped the students understand the importance of preserving & promoting the rich heritage that Timor-Leste is blessed with. Participants were divided according to age which they attempted. Support from the parents and people around vicinity were observed as they came to join the event.

Various presentations from the talented students also showcased their dances and voices as they enthralled the presence of the Prime Minister Xanana Gusmao and the Czechn Ambassador.

The event ended with a mega Prize Distribution Ceremony for the winners.The prizes were given away by The Zech Ambassador and Dr. Jorge de  Conceição Teme, Minister of State Administration.

The prizes winners are:

4-6 Category

5th Place: Laura Lazuardi (Nursery-M.I.S.)
4th  Place: Rafelya de Araujo (Grade 1- M.I.S.)
3rd Place: Grace Nay Valadares ( Canosa Escola)
2nd Place: Eligea Martins (Canosa Escola)
1st Place: Kiel Josfer Papay (Grade 1- M.I.S.)

7-9 Category

5th Place: Julyanne Marie Medrano (Grade 3-M.I.S.)
4th  Place: Johan Adhika  (Grade 3-M.I.S.)
3rd Place: Angela Mariz Cayago (Grade 2-M.I.S.)
2nd Place: April Rose Medrano (Grade 4-M.I.S.)
1st Place: Alben Lazauardi (Grade 3-M.I.S.)

10-12  Category

5th Place: Roberto Soares (grade 5-M.I.S.)
4th  Place: David Marin(San Jose Escola)
3rd Place: Trishia Abrantes Torres (grade 6-M.I.S.)
2nd Place: Cornelia Marcella Magno (Grade 5-M.I.S.)
1st Place: Maria Kyla Cristina Papay (Grade 4-M.I.S.)

13-16 Category

5th Place: Jose Gama ( Bedau, Akadiruhun)
               Rindo da Cunha (Hatumetak Escola Basico Central)
4th  Place: Lazaru Ventura (Hatumetak Escola Basico Central)
3rd Place: Jennifer Neves (First year-M.I.S.)
2nd Place: Mark Kevin Kurt Papay (Grade 6-M.I.S.)
1st Place: Irina de Oliveira (First Year-M.I.S.)

Another victory  wooed the Maharlikans as Gracielly Teme, a grade 4 pupil, won the 3rd place bracket B and Jennifer Neves vied the 2nd place for bracket C. The poster making contest held at Timor Plaza held last March 16, 2014 promotes the revisiting of some historic events as they are to watch Mr. Peabody, a beagle who is the smartest being in existence.